What is the difference between synthetic lashes vs. mink lashes?
The main difference between our synthetic and mink lashes is in the quality. Because mink is 100% natural fur, it provides a natural shine, is super lightweight and flexible, gives a feathered look. Where as our synthetic eyelashes will give you a more of dramatic mascaraed look, ready for everyday wear and a fun night out with the girls. Siberian Mink eyelashes are considered a premium high end product when compared to synthetic ones.
What is Siberian Mink?
Mink Lash Boutique uses lashes that are made up of 100% natural Siberian mink fur, which has been gently brushed from live mink and sterilized to ensure that it is hypoallergenic. We would like to make clear that no harm has been done to these beautiful animals. Unlike synthetic lashes, our 100% natural mink fur is free from any chemical processing and dye which allows for an extremely soft, lightweight, and natural look.
What holds my eyelash extensions in place?
At Mink Lash Boutique we use a special waterproof bonding agent to apply the mink lashes directly onto each of your individual lashes, not to your skin. The long-lasting glue does not contain any fumes or irritants, so it is safe and comfortable.
Is there anything I should do to prepare for my appointment?
How should I care for my lashes?
After 24 hrs:
The "Oh No-No's"
- No curling your lashes or applying mascara. You wouldn't need to anyways! We do carry a mascara made especially for eyelash extensions. Please ask your technician for details if interested.
- Try not to excessively rub your eyes, it will weaken the bonding agent which adheres the lashes.
- Try not to sleep with your face down into the pillow, it will effect the staying power of your lashes.
- When showering face away from the shower head, the lashes are waterproof but not shower head pressure proof! Try not to roughly rub your eyes when removing makeup. Use an oil free makeup remover along with a cotton swab to gently work around the eyes to remove stubborn eye makeup. It's imperative to remove all eye make up at the end of the night to avoid any eye irritations. Yikes, who wants those!
How long do they last?
On the average person, Full and Demi sets: the Eyelash Extensions will ‘look good’ for approximately 3 weeks before requiring a touch up. If you do not touch up at this time, they will continue to shed and completely fall off by 4 – 6 weeks. Some experience a much better retention rate while others vary. Factors include the strength and texture of your natural lash, your lifestyle, and the way you care for the Eyelash Extensions.
Who should NOT wear Eyelash Extensions?
Eyelash Extensions may not be suitable for people who:
- Have pre-existing eyelid or eye conditions such as blepharitis and ocular rosacea
- Are very rough with themselves and do not want to follow after care instructions
- Want a very heavy mascara look but do not have the natural lashes to support it
- Have a condition called Trichotillomania, which is hair loss resulting from compulsive pulling or twisting of the hair, brows or in this case, eyelashes
- Are in chlorinated water many times a week
- Cannot control rubbing their eyes